National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) is an Umbrella Body that encompass students studying at Polytechnics, Monotechnics, Colleges of Technology and other Allied institutions Awarding National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate with a colossal Population of over 21.8 million Armless Battalions of Nigerian Students.
*STATE OF THE NATION:*
1. DEGREE AWARDING STATUS: NAPS frown at Federal Government Epileptic approach to the full implentation of the Degree Awarding status of the already selected Polytechnics and swiftly implementation of same Status to College of Agriculture Zuru Kebbi State without putting into consideration alongside the earlier selected Polytechnics whose bills has spent almost a decade in National assembly. Hence
Committee of seven(7) Men to be chaired by Amb. Salaudeen A. Lukman was constituted to Look into the matter and employ all means under the law to admonish Federal Government in the full implementation of the upgrade.
2. SECURITY: NAPS wish to Reiterate to Federal Government the need to increase Her Vigorousity in checkmating decadence and criminal Activities of the Bandits cut across various states which has tremendously Put our lives at risks to the daily rise in kidnapping, Robberies and other Menace propagated by these criminal elements.
3. REVOLUTION: NAPS use this Medium to Distance ourselves from the said Revolution to be champion by Omoyele sowore and his allies. We believe in the pragmatic enthusiasm of seeking positive Governance through Peaceful Protest but don’t believe in the Moral Pedigree of omoyele Sowore to lead such movement.
Furthermore; NAPS as a Body subscribe to the usage of Tenets of Democracy in changing of Democratically Elected Government not through usage of civil unrest.
4. ISLAMIC MOVEMENT OF NIGERIA(SHIATES). NAPS call on Federal Government to Diplomatically handle the issues bordering on the Shiites Movement. Implore Government to respect court orders not peculiar only to Islamic Movement of Nigeria IMN leaders but to that of Former National Security NSA and others in their categories.
5. F.G MINISTERIAL LIST: NAPS Totally frown at the Federal Government ministerial list which does not Reflect youths inclusiveness in Governance and further dousing our optimism on the Generational shift of Leadership Preparedness as a Developing Nation appeal for reasonable compensation of youth in subsequent appointments of heads of agencies and departments.
*STATE OF THE CAMPUS.*
1. ELECTED /CARETAKER S.U.G INSTALLATION; Ultimatum of 90 days have been given to all Polytechnics across board to conduct a Democratically Elected S.U.G Executives or such institution be ready to accommodate massive protest by NAPS leadership.
2.CALL FOR SACKING OF NBTE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY; NAPS call for the immediate removal of the NBTE Executive Secretary over the indiscriminate approval of private polytechnics and running of unaccredited courses in Some Polytechnics across the country which further threat national security and technical education reform.
Therefore: The federal Government is adviced to sack NBTE Executive Secretary on or before 21 days of this Publication or face a massive Protest by NAPS at the Federal ministry of Education.
*STATE OF NAPS:*
1. NAPS NEW LOGO AND WEBSITE: The Senators unanimously approved the New NAPS Logo and official website www.naps.ng as it will further avail students of it activities cut across campuses.
2.NAPS ELECTION/TRANSITION: The Senators approved immediate constitution of Convention Planning Committee (C.P.C). Approve 90 days for the committee August – October 2019 for the committee to hold befitting convention at a students friendly venue.
4. VOTE OF CONFIDENCE: The leadership of NAPS pass vote of confidence on the management of Federal Polytechnic Bida ably led by Dr Abubakar A DZukogi Rector Federal Polytechnic Bida Niger State base on his unprecedented achievements and successful hosting of Nigeria Polytechnic students apex body NAPS Pre convention.
NAPS appreciate Security agencies for making our Pre-convention a hitch free event.
Comr COLLINS OZELE
Communiqué Drafting Chairman
Comr ABDULMALIK USMAN
( COOL PRESIDO)
Communique Drafting Secretary